
Would you like to visit the highest point in Ohio, “Mount Rumpke”? Probably not now after learning today that “Mount Rumpke” is actually a landfill that is full of trash! Yikes! Mrs. Smith had so many interesting facts and information as she presented for us today. A big thank you to Mrs. Smith for teaching us about the tragedy of the commons and little things we can do t

hat can make a big difference. I am now saving my Hershey Kiss wrappers to recycle. In addition to exploring conservation information, we were hard at work today in all subject areas! During our reading workshop mini lesson today we worked to make thoughtful inferences about “Strega Nona Meets Her Match”. I can’t wait to see how the bracelets we made today during our writing workshop mini lesson will become a story about your adv

entures as a make believe raindrop. Check out the pictures I took of our investigations with grams and pounds in mathematics. Finally, I was really impressed with the fabulous slogans that you all came up with to describe your selected business during Social Studies. I challenge you guys to think about Mrs. Smith's parting thoughts to think about one thing you can do to make a difference for our Earth. My one thing today is to make sure Mr. Dominy and I turn the water off while we are brushing our teeth and only turn it on to rinse our toothbrushes. What one thing can you do to make a positive impact for our planet? I can’t wait to hear your ideas!
Love ya! Mrs. Dominy

Dear Mrs. Dominy,
ReplyDeleteI love your blog and the fact that you keep your posts current. Should you find yourself in Jackson, MS, I would love to meet you. Better yet, when I come to Texas, to visit my nephew Nicholas, perhaps I could stop by.
Way to go Mrs. Dominy!
Kindly,
Leanna Range Owens
(Nicholas' aunt)
Nicholas Stanton: We will turn off the lights when we are not using them. But we are using them right now.
ReplyDelete