Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tomie dePaola


This is our second week exploring the literature of Tomie dePaola. We have been making great connections with the characters and events as we read from his various genres. Many of his books are autobiographical in some aspects. I love how this shows us how we can take everyday happenings like getting a new art teacher and create a wonderful story relevant to all. With which book have you connected to the most?


I really connect with "The Art Lesson" because Tomie reminds me of when I was in kindergarten. I loved art! I loved painting, coloring, drawing, and especially gluing. Just like Tomie, I had my own ways of doing things. I would get in trouble for not "coloring in the lines". Then one day my grandma told me that I should color in the lines at school, but at home I could get a piece of paper and do as I please. I never much liked coloring sheets because I felt that they were not "real art" just like Tomie knew that real artists didn't copy. Every year I look forward to sharing "The Art Lesson" with my class because I feel so similar to the main character.


I can't wait to hear your connections!

Love Mrs. Dominy

7 comments:

  1. I like the '' The Art Lesson'' because Tomie
    dePaloa writes about what happen to him when
    he was a kid and his friends.And one thing
    that I love about " The Art Lesson" he
    loves art.

    Jordan Anik Duzich

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like The Art Lesson because Tomie dePaola writes about his adventures when he was a kid.
    Another thing I like about the book is that I like art also.

    Jordan Anik Duzich

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've connected with "Strega Nona". If you look at my blog you will see why! Have a great day Friends!

    Love,
    Ms. Yeager

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicholas Range Stanton: I like THE ART LESSON because it reminds me of art and I like to paint most of the time. And we go to art class every Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am relly on the web how do you get to webkinz!
    S.G

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE ART I WANT TO BE A ARTEST WHEN I grow up!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is a rellay cool bloo from he

    ReplyDelete