Wow, I can't believe it's already July. Where did June go? For me, the month of June brought lots of exciting workshops during the week and boating during the weekends. I can't wait to share with you new math, vocabulary, and science activities that I have learned! I even got to attend a three day math workshop as a representative for the district. I have also really enjoyed seeing some of you at Mighty Minds! So far we have played wet and wild math games, problem solved through challenges, and created elephant toothpaste (a bubbling experiment) and caused bags to explode! If you haven't come to Mighty Minds yet, then what are you waiting for? We are taking two weeks off, but will be meeting again starting Friday, July 24th at 12:30 pm.
When I wasn't at Mighty Minds or workshops, I have been working to get the room slowly moved over to our new room 405 and start cleaning through some of my old stuff. Yikes, I didn't realize that I had accumulated so many things over the years. In addition to cleaning through things, I have had fun purchasing some new items for our out of sight space room! Of course, I have been doing a great deal of reading too! I have started reading the Blue Bonnet books in hopes of making my way through all of the Nominees before the Blue Bonnet party in the winter. I hope that you do the same too and it's easy! All you have to do is go to the library and check out a Blue Bonnet Nominee. You can check out two at a time. If you have read five books by the time that the party rolls around in the winter, then you get to attend the Blue Bonnet party in the library and vote on your favorite book. I hope to see all of third grade there! Along with reading Blue Bonnet books, I have also been reading books from the third grade chapter book list. Wow, there are some very awesome books in our future! You can see my review of the books I have read on the left hand side of this blog where it says "Good Reads". You can also find me on www.goodreads.com and become my good read friend. You can create your own goodreads site where you can tell what books you have read and the books you are currently reading. You can also see the books I have read and am currently reading. It's a great way to share fabulous books!
During the weekends, I have been pretty much on the boat the whole time. I have learned how to ski on one ski though and love to knee board! Well, the summer isn't over yet and July has some exciting things in store for me, I am sure there are some neat things on the horizon for you too. I would love for you to comment below to tell me you have been up to this summer. What did you do in the month of June?
No comments:
Post a Comment